- QUICK LINKS
- MY ACCOUNT
OverDrive has launched the Library District's new, improved digital media website. The goal in redesigning the website is to help users find, check out, and enjoy eBooks and audiobooks quickly and easily in as few clicks as possible.
Your Library District staff is seeing and using the new system for the first time, and we will be updating our blogs and instructions soon. For more information on the changes, check out this overview.
Here are few new things to look for:
- Once logged in, check out is a snap. The multi-step process of checking out materials has been reduced to just one step. The one-step checkout has elimated changing the lending period before checking out. Sign in to OverDrive, click "account", then click "settings" to adjust your lending periods.
- Read titles right in your browser on any device. You can start reading immediately with most modern browsers. Look for the OverDrive READ format.
- Sync between devices. If you start reading a title in your browser on your computer, but want to continue on your tablet or eReader, OverDrive will update to the page where you left off.
- Streamlined account page. View your checkouts, holds, and wish lists all in one place.
- Select format after checkout. This means you won’t accidentally check out the Kindle format when you want EPUB or vice versa. Take a look at your bookshelf to read in your browser (if available), or download to your device. A confirmation pops up before downloading to ensure you've selected the format you need.
The URL remains the same, overdrive.aclib.us.
If you have any questions or comments, email the ACLD eBranch at eBranch@aclib.us.