- QUICK LINKS
- MY ACCOUNT
Searching in the catalog is easy! You can define your search to find exactly what you need.
Keep reading to learn how to:
- Complete a Quick Search
- Limit your search by format (DVD, Large Print, Music CD, etc)
- Set more detailed Search Options
- Find On-Order items
To complete a quick search:
1. From the main page of the library's online catalog, type your search into the Quick library search box located in the center of the screen. Hit Enter on your keyboard to perform a general search, or click the Keyword button.
2. Or, you can click the appropriate button listed below the search box to limit your search by that type (for example, if you are searching for author James Patterson, type James Patterson into the search box, and then click the Author button).
Note: When you are searching, suggestions will appear below the Search Box as you are typing. If you do not want these suggestions to appear, click "Hide Suggestions" at the end of the list to turn off this feature.
3. Once your search results appear, you can further limit your search by placing a check-mark next to any of the "Narrow your search" details (including Type of Material, Subjects, Series, and more) listed in the green box on the left-hand side of the screen.
To limit your search by format
(DVD, Large Print, Music CD, etc):
1. Click the Search menu at the top of the screen, then select Keyword from the dropdown menu.
2. Enter in your search terms, then select your desired format from the Limit by dropdown menu.
To set more detailed Search Options:
- Click the Search menu at the top of the screen, then select Keyword from the dropdown menu.
2. Enter your search into the search box. In the Limit by field, you can select a particular material format (audiobook, DVD, large print, etc).
3. Your results will be displayed. Click the More Search Options links to create an even more specific search.
4. A Search Options window will appear. Select criteria from the lists. (To select multiple options within the same list, hold down the Ctrl key on your keyboard while clicking the items with your mouse)
5. Notice there is also an Exclude box you can check to eliminate categories from your results. Click the Set Search Options button.
6. You will be returned to the search result screen, and you will see the words Options set highlighted in yellow. Until you change or reset these parameters, all of your searches (during this session) will be limited by your specified search options. To remove these Search Options, click Reset.
To Find On-Order Items (such as all On-Order items, DVDs, or Books):
1. Follow the steps listed in our step-by-step On-Order Searching instructions.
Note: You can always limit your search to On-Order items, but you can also set up the results to be emailed back to you at regularly scheduled times by setting up a Saved Search.
**When you're finished, don't forget to Log Out of your account! Click the Log Out button located under your name on the left hand side of the screen, or click My Account, Log Out from the dropdown menu at the top of the screen.