The Library's Digital Media collection allows you to download music from our Freegal collection, ebooks from our Overdrive and Safari collections, audiobooks from our Overdrive collection, and magazines from our Zinio collection. All you need is your library card. If you're just getting started with ebooks, read our Digi page for an introduction and helpful links.
Digital Media: Music, eBooks, eAudio Books, and more...
eBooks & eAudiobooks by Overdrive
OverDrive offers a variety of formats for PC, Mac or portable devices -- and eBooks in almost any web browser via OverDrive Read. If you use an eReader or portable device, get started here.
- Audiobooks, eBooks, music, TV, movies
- Place holds, build a wish list
- Apps for mobile devices
- For audio and video, download OverDrive Media Console
- For eBooks, download Adobe Digital Editions or read in browser, if available
- For Kindle Books, read via Kindle or apps
- Need library card number and PIN [What is my PIN?]
- Includes over 34,000 public domain titles with no due date
Tech and Business eBooks by Safari
Safari Tech and Business Books provides eBooks that are read online via your web browser.
- Technology, digital media and business eBooks and videos
- 10,000 titles to choose from
- Ideal ready-reference resource
- Unlimited checkouts, no need for reserves
- Titles always available
- Full text searching
- Can search several eBooks simultaneously
- No download necessary
- Mac compatibility
- Need your library card number for remote access (outside the library)
eMusic by Freegal
eMagazines by Zinio
Zinio is a digital newsstand that allows you to check out and download popular magazines in full color.
- About 100 titles
- Same articles as in print versions
- Some titles contain additional interactive features, such as animations and links to videos and other resources
- Full-text searching
- Unlimited checkouts
- Magazines available 24/7
- No due dates
- Works on any computer or handheld with a browser and Internet
- Some magazines require the Zinio app
- Need library card number to set up account
More online sources of digital media
The Library subscribes to Overdrive and Safari to provide premium eBooks and digital media, including bestselling fiction, popular authors, and timely nonfiction. Also available online are several non-commercial sources of eBooks and other digital media. Many free titles are classics and "public domain" works.
Here is a sampling of sources to explore:
- Books Should Be Free (audiobooks)
- Classic Reader
- Internet Movie Archive
- LibriVox (audiobooks)
- Project Gutenberg (Official site*)
- World Public Library
*Many Project Gutenberg titles are available via OverDrive.