- QUICK LINKS
- MY ACCOUNT
ALACHUA COUNTY LIBRARY DISTRICT
Approved by: Board of Trustees 10-17-90
Approved by: Governing Board 10-25-90
The library makes every effort to allow as many people as possible to exhibit, but limited space means that only a few of the many requests to display items in the library can be granted. Decisions on which exhibits to display in the headquarters library are made by the Coordinator of Headquarters Patron Services, who may delegate the responsibility to a committee or other staff. Decisions for branch libraries are made by Branch Managers.
The display of exhibits in the library is subject to the following conditions:
1. Nothing shall be exhibited in the library without official permission.
2. No exhibit may advocate the election or defeat of a candidate for public office or a vote for or against any proposition, political or otherwise.
3. No exhibit shall contain a receptacle for donations, and no exhibit may advocate or solicit for any product or item sold by any commercial enterprise.
4. Whenever possible, exhibits shall incorporate materials from library collections which are related to the subject of the display.
5. Exhibits will be given reasonable care and protection within the limits of the usual operation of the library, but the library does not assume responsibility for damage or loss suffered on the premises, nor the costs of insurance coverage. Such costs, losses, damages, etc., are the responsibility of those persons providing the exhibit. A signed statement of insurance coverage (or if uninsured, a statement releasing the library from responsibility) must be provided when the exhibit is established.
6. The Library shall control the scheduling, content and arrangement of all exhibits and reserves the right to reject any part of an exhibit or to change the manner of display.
7. Art must be work of professional quality. In the case of special groups, such as children, the judgment of an education professional shall be accepted.
8. Placement of exhibits must be mutually agreeable to library staff and exhibitor, and must not interfere with normal operation of the library. Exhibits must be so scaled in size and form that they complement the service of the Library and the building.
9. Hanging exhibits must be hung according to methods and instructions given by library staff. Art items for hanging must be outfitted with the proper hardware and weigh less than 30 pounds. Two-dimensional art should be sturdily framed with hooks and wires attached. The library reserves the right to veto arrangements for displaying any item on the grounds of damage to walls, safety of patrons and staff, or other criteria it deems appropriate.
10. Exhibitor is responsible for installing and dismantling the exhibit on schedule. Library staff may assist if exhibitor is present. If staff must dismantle the exhibit after the scheduled removal date, they will not be responsible for any damage. All work must be done during hours when staff are available.
11. The EXHIBIT INFORMATION AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY FORM must be completed and signed by exhibitor.
12. The source of the exhibit must be identifiable by the public. Exhibited items may not carry price tags, but exhibitor’s name and address may be provided on a small sign with the exhibit.
13. Exhibitors must sign the EXHIBIT LOAN AGREEMENT listing all pieces exhibited. At the end of the exhibit, exhibitor must again sign the Agreement indicating that all materials have been returned.
EXHIBIT INFORMATION AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY FORM
This certifies that I have read and understand the EXHIBIT AND DISPLAY POLICY of the Alachua County Library District. In signing this agreement, I consent to honor all sections of this policy.
FOR INDIVIDUAL EXHIBITOR:
Installation Date Time
Dismantling Date Time
Display Area or Case
Wall Space/square footage
Number of pieces
Unless the Library is notified in writing to the contrary, it is understood that object(s) on loan may be photographed and reproduced in Library publications and for publicity purposes connected with this exhibition, and that slides of it may be made and distributed by the Library for its use.
In consideration of the opportunity afforded me to participate in the display or exhibit function of the Alachua County Library District; and in recognition of the possible damage or loss which may occur to any exhibit which I may display in the Library, I hereby knowingly, freely, and voluntarily waive any right or cause of action, of any kind whatsoever, arising as a result of damage, loss or theft from which any liability may or could accrue to the Alachua County Library District or their agents individually.
For Library Use Only
Approved by: Date
Department: Insurance statement attached YES NO
ACLD Policy Statement: Exhibit & Display
EXHIBIT LOAN AGREEMENT
The object(s) described below has (have) been offered as an exhibit to the Alachua County Library by:
Telephone Daytime Evening
and has (have) been accepted by the Library subject to the conditions stated in the Library’s EXHIBIT AND DISPLAY POLICY.
Description: Inventory of items exhibited (with photographs, if possible)
Sign in ink. Original to lender, 1 copy to Library.
I Certify that all of the above items have been returned to me following their
exhibit in the Alachua County Library: