Please rate this page from “5” (satisfied) to “1” (not satisfied), and write your comments and suggestions.
Search family history through census, birth, marriage, military, & death records, passenger lists & more.
Alachua County Library District’s collection of more than 250 digitized historical photographs of local landmarks, family portraits, community events, natural disasters, historic maps & more.
Search family history through census, book, PERSI, Revolutionary War, Freedman’s Bank & U.S. Serial Set records.
Selected weblinks from the Library staff.
- Afro-American Genealogical Research
- Alachua County Cemeteries
- Alachua County Clerk of Court Archives & Ancient Records
- Alachua County Genealogical Society Home Page
- Alachua County Genealogical Society's Virtual Cemetery Project
- Allen County Public Library: Genealogy
- Florida Confederate Pension Application Files
- Florida Historical Society
- Florida Memory Project - from the State Library and Archives of Florida
- Florida State Genealogical Society
- Florida Vital Statistics Home Page
- Repositories of Primary Sources
- Social Security Death Index Interactive Search
- Where to Write for Vital Records
Look familiar? These pictures come from the Library's Heritage Collection of local area photos. Are you looking through photos and wanting to start your own family chart? Print out a Pedigree Chart for various family member or a Family Chart for each family unit. Other genealogy resources at the Headquarters Library are in the 929.1 section or ask the librarian for help. Online help can be found at:
- Family Search
- Starting Genealogy and Family History Research from the National Archives
- Family Chronicle
- Join the Alachua County Genealogical Society. Meetings are held at the Headquarters Library on the third Monday in each month, September through May, at 7p.m. Newcomers are always welcome!
Looking for a local obituary?
Obituaries and death notices in the Gainesville Sun are available at the Headquarters Library in print or microfilm. You may also contact the Reference desk by email or call (352) 334-3939 to ask about document delivery.
Print and Microform Resources for Genealogy at the Library
A list of the resources held at the Headquarters Library.