This 2013 tax year, free tax preparation help is being offered at various Alachua County Library District branch locations. Both the AARP and the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance, VITA, will be at branch locations.
AARP Foundation Tax-Aide will be visiting various branch locations and the Alachua County Senior Recreation Center to provide tax-aide assistance through April 15, 2014. Appointments are at 10 and 11 a.m., 12 and 1 p.m., one tax return per hour. Schedule inperson at the site only during Tax-Aid hours or email email@example.com with preferred site, two date and time choices, name and telephone number.
Appointments only and walk-in schedule: Walk-ins must arrive at least one hour prior to closing.)
- Alachua Branch Library - Walk-ins only Saturdays, March 8 and April 12, 11am-3pm
- Hawthorne Branch - Walk-ins only Saturday, March 29, 1-5pm
- Headquarters Library - Appointments only Mondays and Tuesdays 10am-2pm and walk-ins only Saturdays, March 15, 10:00am-2:00pm
- Library Partnership - Walk-ins only Wednesdays 11am-3pm
- Millhopper Branch Library - Appointments only Mondays and Thursdays 10am-2pm and walk-ins only Saturdays, March 22 and April 5, 10:00am-2:00pm
- Newberry Branch Library - Walk-ins only Saturday, March 1, 11am-3pm
- Tower Road Branch Library - Appointments only Tuesdays & Thursdays, 10:00am-2:00pm
- Senior Recreation Center -(Located in Northside Park, 5701 NW 34th St). Appointments only Wednesdays, 11am-3pm
VITA will also be visiting various branch locations (January 18-April 12, 2014) to provide free tax help to low-to moderate-income persons. Certified volunteers are trained to assist with the preparation of income tax returns by appointment only. To schedule a VITA appointment, call 2-1-1.
- Alachua Branch Library - Saturdays from 1 to 5pm: March 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 and April 5, 12
- Library Partnership - Mondays from 3 to 6pm: March 17, 24, 31 and April 7; Saturdays from 10am to 3pm: March 1, 15, 29 and April 5
Need tax forms? The Headquarters location will offer paper versions of basic IRS tax forms and instruction booklets. IRS booklets and forms should arrive in mid- to late February. You can also download and print these forms directly from the IRS.
Tax filers may find the book J.K. Lasser's Your Income Tax 2013 helpful for answering tax questions not addressed within the 1040 instruction booklets.