- QUICK LINKS
- MY ACCOUNT
The Alachua County Library District is committed to providing users with a circulating collection available
to as many borrowers as possible and an accurate catalog and inventory of available materials. ACLD will
exercise sound fiscal management by making reasonable efforts to insure the return of borrowed materials.
These efforts include sending overdue notices, billing patrons for long overdue materials, restricting borrowing
privileges until materials are returned or bills are paid, and deleting lost materials from its inventory.
1. Materials will be declared lost if three (3) years have passed since the item was first determined to be overdue.
2. Borrowing privileges are suspended when an active patron has either five (5) items or materials valued at $50
or more overdue or billed.
3. Borrowing privileges are reinstated when the outstanding materials are returned, renewed, or paid resulting in
the patron having less than five (5) items outstanding or the value of the outstanding items are less than $50.
4. Once a year, a list of items declared lost with their original and not depreciated value will be presented to the
Library District Governing Board for the purpose of removing the billed amount from the respective patron record.
5. Materials declared lost will be removed from the Library District’s catalog and cleared from a patron’s record.
|.pdf Version: Lost_Materials_Policy.pdf||7.93 KB|