Please rate this page from “5” (satisfied) to “1” (not satisfied), and write your comments and suggestions.
Protecting Your Privacy
Here are some tips you can use to protect your privacy and personal information while using the Library and our website:
- Change the PIN associated with your library card number. Cards issued since May 30, 2012, set the person's birth year as the four-digit PIN. Change your PIN to another, more secure PIN or password. Do not write the PIN or password on your card.
- Never share your library card with anyone. You are responsible for anything checked out to your card.
- Alert library staff immediately if you lose your library card, by calling the Circulation Department at 352-334-3950. If you call, an alert can be placed on your account so no one else can use it. The next time you visit your library branch, a new card number can be issued, and any holds and checkouts can be transferred to the new card number.
- When using catalog and research computers in the library, be sure to log out and close your web browser window.
- If you use a library Internet PC, never leave yourself logged in when you leave. Be sure to end your PC Reservation session, which will restart the computer and wipe your personal information. Ask library staff for assistance if needed.
Other tips and information about privacy can be found at ConsumerPrivacyGuide.org.
Please see our Kids Internet Safety page for more information