- QUICK LINKS
- MY ACCOUNT
The Library provides free proctoring services for written, electronic, and online tests and examinations for educational institutions. Requests from for-profit companies will be contingent on staff availability. All proctoring is scheduled as staff and space are available.
The Alachua County Library District can:
- Receive tests for students, provide a librarian to set up the exam situation and sign the appropriate paperwork. Examinations should be sent to the library in a sealed envelope
- Make student aware of any specific institutional guidelines (no notes, no open books, calculator or computer permitted, etc.)
- Verify identification of student
- Send the completed examination back to the institution. (Postage or shipping must be prepaid by the institution or by the student.) Verification of sent examination should be clipped to exam if sent by email or fax.
- Provide a quiet place for test taking. If student uses public computer for test-taking, quiet cannot be guaranteed.
- Accept the receipt of examinations via email. The library can receive passwords or logins to access electronic examinations.
The Library cannot:
- Provide a locked or secure place for the test.
- Provide one-on-one monitoring of test taking.
- Provide proctoring for large groups of students or handle a large number of proctoring requests from one organization
- Accommodate walk-in proctoring requests.
- Return the completed exam at times other than the regular library or next day mailing.
- Pay for return postage.
The student will:
- Please contact the library at least one (1) week in advance of the date this service is needed.
- Call the library to verify receipt of the examination and make arrangements for scheduling. Student should arrive on time or, if unable to keep appointment, call to reschedule. Staff is unable to proctor exams unless a specific date and time have been arranged with student ahead of time.
- Allow sufficient time to take the examination before the deadline that has been established by the institution or association. The library will hold tests for sixty days or the test's stated deadline. If the student does not pick up the test by that time, the test will be returned to the institution or association.
- Come prepared with the necessary or required supplies to take the examination. This can include the student’s laptop. Public computers are available for test-taking, but should be reserved ahead of time.
- Provide postage in the event that the institution has not enclosed a return, postpaid envelope.
- Allow sufficient return time for the normal library mailing.
|Proctoring Guidelines - Printer-friendly (pdf)||21.82 KB|