Library services for seniors:
- Large print books, and audiobooks on cassette and CD are available at all libraries, in addition to magnifying devices for in-house use.
- Captioned videos and DVD's with subtitles in many languages are available to check out.
- Accessible eBooks via Overdrive's Library eBook Accessibility Program and Bookshare. Learn more. (Sign-in with library card number and PIN required.)
- If you are disabled or find it difficult to leave home, arrange for library materials to be delivered to your home — apply for Homebound service.
- Each spring, tax help, provided by the American Association of Retired Persons, is offered at several libraries within the system.
- Volunteering is an option for anyone who wants to stay active. Apply to be a volunteer @ your library.
The Mission of ElderCare of Alachua County is to be an advocate for the elderly and provide services that will build capacity, maximize independence, and enrich the quality of life for the seniors in Alachua County and North Central Florida.
Suwannee River Health Education Center presents Health & Wellness Education Programs—helping to promote healthy lifestyles for senior adults
For information contact Kathleen Morgan at (386)462-1551 or email@example.com