- QUICK LINKS
- MY ACCOUNT
Get fast answers to your research questions. Consult a Florida librarian by chat, email or text message during these hours:
- Sunday through Thursday:
10 a.m. to midnight
- Friday and Saturday:
10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Rate this page
The Library District provides a variety of materials and services to meet the needs of a diverse community. All library buildings meet ADA accessibility standards, and staff will gladly provide further accommodation. Just ask. Listed below are some of the library's special services.
For the visually impaired, and others who have trouble reading:
- Magnifier reading systems
- Zoomtext software to enlarge text and images on some library computers
- Audiobooks on cassette tape and CD.
- Downloadable audiobooks that play on PCs and portable players
- Large print books and Braille books
- Described videos
- Accessible eBooks via Overdrive's Library eBook Accessibility Program and Bookshare. Learn more. (Sign-in with library card number and PIN required.)
For the hearing impaired:
- TDD line: (352) 334-3904
- Assistive listening devices for meetings, and at service desks
- Sign-language interpreters on request, for programs
- Closed-captioned videos
For elderly and homebound residents:
- Mail delivery of library materials to the homebound. Call (352) 334-3955.
- Large print book collections for retirement and nursing homes. Call (352) 334-3993.
- Telephone reference, including assistance looking up agencies and programs. Call (352) 334-3934.
Some services are only available at select branches. Call your branch for availability.