Alachua County Community Resources
Below you will find a variety of resources for Alachua County residents in reference to COVID-19:
City of Gainesville COVID-19 Updates.
City of Gainesville's COVID-19 Testing Calendar is available to see where and when free testing is available.
Ask a question or request assistance from Alachua County.
Catholic Charities food pantry is open Monday-Thursday from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and is closed on Fridays. Clients can receive a 3-day supply of food once a month. Check them out on Facebook for more information.
Peaceful Paths remains open to serve the community. Their office hours are Monday-Thursday from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. You can contact them by phone (352) 377-5690 or text (352) 727-0948. They also offer a 24-hour hotline (352) 377-8255. You can also reach them on Facebook.
Central Florida Community Action Agency Offices are currently closed to the public. However, they still remain available to assist clients via an online application process. For access to the FastTrack Online Application link and requirements, please look under the CFCAA homepage under “Agency Updates.”
Partnership for Strong Families' three resource centers in Alachua County are open, but please call before visiting a resource center.
Library Partnership Resource Center, 912 N.E. 16th Ave., Gainesville, 352-334-0160 Open Monday, Tuesday and Friday 9am-5pm, Wednesday and Thursday 11am-5pm.
Please call before visiting the resource center.
- Headstart Sign-ups and Information
- Available every Monday from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Clothing Closets - stop in to get children and adult clothing.
- Every Thursday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Every other Monday from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Faxing Services - call when you arrive (352) 334-0160
- Available Monday, Tuesday, & Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Wednesday & Thursday 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Notary Services - call when you arrive (352) 334-0160
- Available Mondays 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m and Wednesdays 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Must bring photo ID
- Online Sign-Up or Call-in for Food Distribution - currently available this week until slots are filled.
- Call 352-334-0160 and speak to a person (do not leave a voicemail) to sign up.
- They plan to serve approximately 75 families.
- CareerSource Services
- Available every Tuesday from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Meridian Access and Information
- Available every other Tuesday from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Assistance with accessing counseling, substance abuse, stress management and other services.
- HealthStreet Access and Information
- First Thursday of each month from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Paper Unemployment Applications - available on a grab-and-go basis. Paper applications with postage already paid on them.
- Family Court Paperwork/Packets - available for pick-up
- Ongoing COVID-19 updates.
Cone Park Library Resource Center, 2801 East University Ave., Gainesville, 352-334-0456
Here are some current services available at the Cone Park Library Resource Center:
- Paper unemployment applications and Gainesville Housing Authority applications - available on a grab-and-go basis.
- Call-in for Food Distribution - currently available this week until slots are filled.
- Call (352) 334-0456 to speak to a person during open business hours. If calling for food do not leave a voicemail. All food provided will be by sign-up only, not first come first served to avoid issues with social distancing.
- Notary and Faxing Services - please call first (352) 334-0456
- Available Monday-Thursday 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Patrons must have an ID
- Walk up to the glass doors (Resource Center) with all documents ready to be processed.
- COVID-19 Impacted Families and Individuals - Assistance is available for individuals who have lost employment or lost hours due to COVID-19. Families may call (352) 334-0456 to request assistance with resources available through the Resource Center or in the community.
SWAG Family Resource Center, 807 SW 64th Terrace, Gainesville, 352-505-6823
Please also visit the Partnership for Strong Families Facebook page for the latest information.