To obtain or renew a card, follow these steps:
- Collect your photo identification (i.e. valid driver’s license, passport, or other state-issued ID) and proof of address and go to a library branch.
- When you arrive, call the branch and be ready to provide your name, address, birth date, email address, and phone number.
- After you have spoken with a library staff member, follow their directions to show your identification and proof of address for review.
- After reviewing your documentation, staff members will issue a new card or renew your card.
- Visit www.aclib.us for details on obtaining a library card for a minor.
The Library District extended 2020 library card expiration dates through July 31. Patrons can visit their preferred branch to renew their cards before that date.
While the Library District’s buildings have been closed due to COVID-19, Alachua County residents could sign up for digital book access through OverDrive for a limited time with a phone number. OverDrive patrons can now sign up for a full access library cards to use all the Library District’s online resources and check out physical items.
Please contact Rachel Cook at 352-334-3909 for more details on current servicers and visit www.aclib.us/currentservice.
If a person with a disability needs an accommodation in order to participate in this event he or she is entitled, at no cost to him or her, to the provision of certain assistance. Please contact the Alachua County Library District at 352-334-3910 at least three (3) days prior to the event. TTY users, please call 711 (Florida Relay Service).