Fall 2019 Kids and Teen events preview
The best way to unwind after a busy day at school is to spend some time at the library!
Here is a preview of our upcoming programming this fall:
Family board games: Sunday, September 1st, October 6th, and November 3rd
- Grab your family and head to the library for some board game fun. We have tons to choose from!
Family movie day: Sunday, September 22nd, October 13th, and November 10th
- Grab your family and join us at the library for a fun filled movie day. Movie to be announced.
LEGOspace: Wednesdays at 3pm
- Some days we may present challenges such as Ring Toss, Bowling, Hidden Memory Games, Boat Experiments, and more. Other days we will offer free build where children can let their imaginations run wild and make whatever their hearts desire.
Teen Gaming: Wednesdays at 4pm
- This is a gaming event for Teens ages 12 to 18. Join us at the Alachua Branch Library every Wednesday afternoon at 4 p.m. We've got Wii U games such as "Mario Kart" and "Super Smash Brothers". We also have PlayStation 3 games such as "NBA2K17", "Madden 17", UFC Undisputed 3" and "NCAA Football 09". Are you game for Gaming?
S.T.E.A.M: Thursdays at 4pm,
This is a special program where kids and teens get to explore new skills and technology. Each week will be a different theme. Mark your calendars for these extra special S.T.E.A.M events!
- Foodiespace edition:
- September 5th
- October 3rd
- Taste some amazing dishes demonstrated by IFAS.
- Explore Playaway Launchpads
- August 15th
- August 29th
- September 19th
- October 17th
- Playaway Launchpad tablets contain preloaded educational games in the areas of STEAM, early literacy, science, and more. Stop in for a relaxing hour of gaming fun.
Kids Sew: Halloween Softies: Saturday, October 19th at 1pm
- There is no trick. Just a treat! We have put together an exciting tutorial to teach children the basics of hand sewing, all while creating a fun Halloween softie. The project is so simple, of course, children can do it themselves, but we want parents, grandparents, or whoever the children would like to sew with to come join them. Be a part of this special adventure and have a great time! We will supply the materials and children will have the freedom to work at their own pace.
Breakout of the Haunted House: Tuesday, October 22nd at 3pm
- There’s a Thing locked in the library. Do you dare to find out what it is? Inspired by the stories told in “Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark,” comes the Alachua’s Branch’s Haunted House. You have 20 minutes to sort out the clues and find the key to set you free before the creature finds you!
Teen Halloween Extravaganza: Tuesday, October 29th at 3pm
- Teens join us for games, crafts, and fun in celebration of Halloween.