Share your love of art and reading with our community. You are cordially invited to submit a piece of art for display at the Alachua County Library District Headquarters from Aug. 27 - Sept. 30.
- Submission dates June 1 – August 15
- Participant must be 18 or older.
- Artwork must be 18”x18” or smaller. The library will attach a hook to the back for hanging.
- Artwork may be matted or stretched canvas. No frames, please.
- 3D artwork must be 12"Lx12"Wx12"H or smaller
- Only one piece of original artwork by each submitting artist, please.
- Artwork may be submitted at any Alachua County Library District Branch.
Submission must include completed Application Form and Exhibit & Waiver Form. The link to the form is at bottom of the page.
Artwork with a literary theme or quote is encouraged, but not required.
A reception for the artists and the public will be held Aug. 27 from 1-2 PM in the Foundation Room at the Headquarters Library. Local artist and illustrator Linda DiFranco will be demonstrating pencil drawing. Participants and the public are welcome to watch and ask questions.
For further information, call Sara at (352) 334-3939.
(above) "Suddenly I realize..." created by Sylvia Ashwell
(left) "Some day you have to create your own sunshine" created by Rachel Jefferies www.captivatedvisions.co.uk