Downloading audiobooks on your Mobile Device with the OverDrive Media Console app:
(for Android, Blackberry, iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch, and Windows)
- Download the OverDrive app from your device’s app store. Follow the prompts to install the app and the app will open.
- Authorize your device by entering your OverDrive account information. If you have previously authorized your app with an Adobe ID and password, that information should carry over to new versions of the app.
- Touch the OverDrive icon at the top left of the screen. Touch Add a library.
- Select a library by entering “Alachua County Library District” or your zip code. Select your library. Tap the star to mark this library as a favorite.
- Tap the library’s name. You are now at the library’s OverDrive collection, where you will see compatible eBooks.
- Sign in to adjust your lending periods (one time only). Once signed in, click settings, then select your preferred lending periods. Click Save.
- Select a title to download by tapping on the cover.
- Tap the Borrow button.
- Tap Download.
- When your book is done downloading, tap the OverDrive icon at top left and then Bookshelf. Tap the cover of the book to open it, and enjoy listening!
At this time, only MP3 audiobooks can be returned early. If you have a Windows device and have downloaded WMA audiobooks, the titles will expire automatically and be returned to the library.
To return an mp3 audiobook early:
- Open OverDrive Media Console.
- Tap the OverDrive icon at the top left.
- Tap Bookshelf.
- Tap and hold the cover of the title you want to return. Tap Return.
- Confirm that you wish to return the title early.
- The audiobook is returned and deleted!
For additional help, visit OverDrive Help.