- Get best results by clicking to Safari from the library website and not from the catalog.
- Login is automatic for most users. Remote users (outside of the Library) may need to enter a library card number.
- Once you get to the page that says "Welcome to Safari Books Online," you are logged in.
- Use Browse Categories links at left to explore the Library's collection.
- Links with a right arrow symbol will expand when clicked.
- You may also use the Browse Publishers links if you have a favorite tech book publisher.
- If you're looking up a specific topic, use the Search box. It will do a full-text keyword search of thousands of tech and business books. Your search results will have a Search Within Results box to help narrow your search.
- Your keywords from your search will be highlighted; uncheck the box labeled Show Search Terms to turn off the highlighting.
- Safari ebooks and videos can only be viewed in your browser; they can't be saved or downloaded.
- Limited printing and copy/paste are allowed in ebooks.
- Click the question mark icon in the ebook reader pane for a handy cheat sheet on viewing.
- Keyboard shortcuts are available. Click letter n on your keyboard for next page; p for previous.
- Online help is available. Help link is at bottom of the page.
- Safari customer support can be reached at 800-889-3358.