Do you have questions about Medicare? Medicare counseling sessions with SHINE (Serving Health Insurance Needs of Elders) are available courtesy of Elder Options. These sessions are free, unbiased, confidential, and safe. Call Cone Park Branch at 352-334-0720 to schedule an appointment. Library staff will set up a virtual meeting with a counselor (via Zoom) for you in a private room.
Appointments are available at Cone Park Branch at 2801 E. University Ave. at the following times:
- Thursday, April 15 at 12:30 p.m., 2 p.m., and 3:30 p.m.
- Thursday, May 20 at 12:30 p.m., 2 p.m., and 3:30 p.m.
Some of the topics your counselor will be able to dicuss with you include:
- Annual Medicare Plan Review
- Medicare Eligibility and Enrollment
- Medicare Health and Drug Plan Choices
- Medigap (Supplement) Plans
- Financial Assistance Programs
- Medicare Fraud Prevention
SHINE is offered by the Florida Department of Elder Affairs and Elder Options, your local area agency on aging. SHINE services are free, unbiased, and confidential.
For more information about Medicare, check out our catalog.