Smart Phones & Tablets
Download eBooks & eAudiobooks from our OverDrive collection.
Start by downloading the app for your device:
OverDrive app for Kindle* (tablet)
*You can authenticate the OverDrive app by (1) creating an OverDrive account (recommended especially for using more than one device), (2) using your library card number, or (3) creating an Adobe ID.
- Kindle eReaders
- Kindle tablets (Fire, HD)
- Kindle app
(The Kindle app is available for computers, tablets and smartphones from the Play Store or App Store.)
To borrow eBooks in Kindle format you will need to create a free account with Amazon.com.
Additional help for Kindle eBooks can be found at Amazon online.
Desktop & Laptop computers
Download eBooks & eAudiobooks from our OverDrive collection
For eBooks (in ePub format), start by downloading Adobe Digital Editions:
- You can authorize the software by creating an Adobe ID.
- Check out our instructions on downloading eBooks to your computer.
Downloading OverDrive eAudiobooks to your computer.
Windows 8 / Windows 10
- Generally you can download eBooks in EPUB format and audiobooks in mp3 format.
- The software you need on Windows 8 (or Windows 10) will depend on which version of Windows you have and what you want to do with the titles you download from OverDrive.
Using OverDrive on Windows 8 / 10
Transfer eAudobooks from OverDrive onto your mp3 player:
- If you have a Nook HD Tablet, you can read eBooks in the OverDrive app.
- You can authenticate the app with an OverDrive account or an Adobe ID.
- If you have any other Nook, including the Nook Color, you will need to download the eBook in EPUB format to your computer, to Adobe Digital Editions, and transfer it via USB to your Nook.
- You can authorize Adobe Digital Editions with an Adobe ID.
- OverDrive Help has instructions on solving various problems for OverDrive eBooks and eAudiobooks.
- If you don't find the answer there, please let us know what sort of problem you've run into and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
- If you'd prefer to speak to someone in person, feel free to call (352) 334-3939 during Headquarters hours.