SYNC is a free summer audiobook program geared toward teens. Each week, SYNC will give away two complete audiobooks. High-interest titles are paired based on weekly themes. Visit the SYNC website to view all the upcoming audiobooks and listen to clips.
Each set of titles is available for one week starting on Thursdays at midnight. As long as you download the books during the download period, they’re yours to listen to with no due dates!
The process for SYNC audiobooks has changed this year and only works with Sora, the student reading app from OverDrive. First, register for SYNC 2020 on the homepage, then set up Sora. You don’t need to be affiliated with a school to use Sora with SYNC.
How do I set up Sora?
1. Download Sora free from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
2. Open Sora and tap I have a setup code (at the bottom of the screen).
3. Enter this setup code: audiobooksync.
4. Enter the email address you used to sign up for SYNC.
5. Tap Explore (at the bottom of the screen) to see the week’s featured titles [SYNC 2020 starts April 30]
Text alerts for new titles are also available—text syncYA to 25827. SYNC protects your privacy and will not share your information. You will only receive information in regards to SYNC promotions. Message and data rates may apply.