Pull up a chair for the library's biggest Hearthstone event so far! This year, the library will be hosting our first ever Tavern Hero Qualifier -- the first step along the Hearthstone Challengers path to the World Championships. This winner of this official Blizzard THQ will earn eligibility to play in the online Hearthstone Challenger Finals, where successful players can win their way into the Season Championship tournament.
This tournament will take place here in Gainesville at the beautiful downtown branch of the Alachua County Library District. Preregistration is strongly encouraged as a maximum of 31 players can be seated. For more information, please follow the link to the tournament page on Battlefy (listed underneath "Registration"). Any additional questions can be emailed to ASRef@aclib.us with subject line of 'Hearthstone.'
The tournament will follow Blizzard's official THQ match format, best of three Conquest (bring three, ban one):
- Each player must submit deck lists from 3 unique classes prior to the Tournament.
- A player must win one game with each of his unbanned decks to win the match.
- When a player wins a game, the deck used by the winning player cannot be used for the remainder of the match.
- The losing player can keep the same deck used or switch to a different deck of their choice.
- Players will be told what classes their opponent has available, but they won’t know which class is picked until both players have picked.
For more information, please follow the link to Hearthstone Tournament Handbook (listed under rules).
- Saturday -- 29 September 2018 -- 10:00 AM
- Headquarters Library -- Foundation Room
- Swiss style tournament -- Single elimination finals
- Conquest format matches -- Bring three; ban one -- Best of three game