Excited about Fandomonium but have no idea where to park? We have some hints to make getting here hassle free and to help you avoid a ticket (or getting towed). Parking at Headquarters (401 E University Ave, Gainesville FL) fills up quick. Try to walk, bike, or carpool, if you can.
Within a few blocks’ walk there is plenty of free curbside parking.
- Metered parking is free on Saturdays (e.g. along SE 2nd Ave).
- Parking lots which require permits are not free. Double check signs.
- A few streets require Neighborhood Parking decals. Look for signs.
- A handy interactive map of parking downtown http://gvilleparking.com/map
- It is so close, so it is so tempting, but DO NOT park in front of the Federal Building—parking there changed recently to RESERVED 24/7 for law enforcement vehicles. The map linked above has not yet been updated to show this. (See photo below)
Want the security of a parking garage?
- 220 SE 2nd Ave is the closest. $5 flat fee, pay in advance with debit or credit card, or cash the day of. There may be an attendant. http://www.downtownparkinggarage.com/
- 105 SW 3rd St. is a few blocks from the library. $1/hr, max $6, payment with credit card or prepaid ticket. They do not accept cash. http://gvilleparking.com/locations-rates#garage