Please rate this page from “5” (satisfied) to “1” (not satisfied), and write your comments and suggestions.
History & Genealogy
Look familiar? These pictures come from the Library's Heritage Collection of local area photos. Are you looking through photos and wanting to start your own family chart? Print out a Pedigree Chart for various family member or a Family Chart for each family unit. Not sure how to start? Check out our Researching your family history page. Other genealogy resources at the Headquarters Library are in the 929.1 section or you can ask the librarian for help.
Online help can be found at:
- Family Search
- Starting Genealogy and Family History Research from the National Archives
- Join the Alachua County Genealogical Society. Meetings are held at the Headquarters Library on the third Monday in each month, September through May, at 7p.m. Newcomers are always welcome!
Looking for a local obituary?
Obituaries and death notices in the Gainesville Sun are available at the Headquarters Library in print or microfilm. Gainesville Sun obituaries (1995-Current) are available through Gainesville Sun (Full-Text) with your library card. You may also contact the Reference desk by email or call (352) 334-3940 to ask about document delivery.
Genealogy Resources at the Library
For more information on the library's genealogy resources, services, and programs, please contact the Genealogy Librarian, Caroline Huguet at firstname.lastname@example.org or 352-334-3940.
- African American Genealogy Buddies
- Aha! Seminars (The Genealogy Guys)
- Alachua County Cemeteries
- Alachua County Clerk of Court Archives & Ancient Records
- Alachua County Genealogical Society Home Page
- Alachua County Genealogical Society's Virtual Cemetery Project
- Florida Confederate Pension Application Files
- Florida Historical Society
- Florida Memory Project - from the State Library and Archives of Florida
- Florida State Genealogical Society
- Social Security Death Index Interactive Search
- Where to Write for Vital Records