Please rate this page from “5” (satisfied) to “1” (not satisfied), and write your comments and suggestions.
Job Skills & Education
Covid-19 Employment Resources
Many individuals have been negatively impacted by mitigation efforts to stop the spread of Covid-19. If you or someone you know is dealing with job loss, here is a list of resources including how to apply for reemployment assistance benefits and current available job listings.
- Florida Jobs Website
- Florida Reemployment Assistance Portal (New Applications and Existing Users)
- Florida Reemployment Assistance Service Center
- My Florida - Available Jobs
Temporary/Seasonal Jobs Available:
- Amazon - 100,000 workers needed to help with online orders
- CVS - hiring seasonal employees
- Dollar General - hiring seasonal employees
- Family Dollar - hiring seasonal employees
- Publix - immediate openings, go to your local store
- Sam's Club - immediate openings
- Walmart - hiring store workers and delivery drivers
- Sign-up to deliver food through third party delivery services - DoorDash, GrubHub, Postmates, and Uber Eats
Adult Education Information
Looking for a list of community groups that help adults practice reading, writing and speaking English? Need to study for the GED or the TOEFL tests? Most face-to-face programs are on pause until Fall 2020, but we have a list of groups with online classes and tutors. We also have a list of some things you can do at home.
We will be checking in with groups and will update this list as we get new information. For more information and updates on community programs, please email us.
- Alachua County Job Opportunities
- Alachua County Public Schools Adult Education & GED
- Alachua County Tax Collector - Driver License
- Career Coach at Santa Fe College
- CareerSource North Central Florida
- City of Gainesville Job Opportunities
- Employ Florida
- Indeed Job Search
- Monster National Job Search
- Santa Fe College Employment Opportunities
- University of Florida Careers