Happy February! We have some cool activities planned for kids, teens, and families at the Cone Park Branch this month. Keep in mind our online calendar is always the most up-to-date!
- Love Celebration will be a special event just for Valentines Day. Kids will have fun meeting Royal 4 a Reason and decorating cupcakes on Friday, February 14 at 3 p.m.
- Read With A Dog will take place Wednesday, February 5 from 2:30-3:30 p.m. A special dog named Ru will visit our branch. She loves books and loves when kids read to her. Bring your favorite book or pick one from our shelves and read to a special furry friend!
- Elsa's Art For Children will take place on Saturday, February 8 from 2-3 p.m. Elsa introduces school aged patrons to line drawing, various arts and crafts programs and other elements that are valuable to the creative process.
- Chess For All Ages Led by chess instructor Don Pyle, this class teaches the fundamentals and strategies of the game to beginning and intermediate players. This program is for all ages and all skill levels.
- MakerSpace for kids will happen Wednesday, February 12 at 2:30 p.m. Join us to explore and create during STEM and STEAM activities.
- Tonewood Family Music takes place Wednesday, February 19, from 1:30-2:30 p.m. Tonewood helps nurture musical growth in your child as you experience music together. This is a free event open to everyone. Space is limited so please arrive early.
- Art Lab In this self-directed program, children can create their own masterpieces through various artistic mediums, such as water colors, oil pastels and so on.
- Cone Park Homeschoolers takes place Monday, February 24 at 1 p.m. Homeschool families are invited to join us for fun activities such as MakerSpace, Arts & Crafts, gardening, games, and more!
- I Am With Kids Club takes place every Monday at 3:15 p.m. Teens from Eastside High will lead this afterschool activity for elementary aged children to engage in hands-on activities, such as art, yoga, and writing.
- Science Club takes place on Tuesdays at 3 p.m. The club helps kids engage in science activities in a fun way to reinforce their science education at school.
- Youth Gaming takes place every Tuesday from 4-5 p.m. Come enjoy a fun afternoon playing WiiU at the library. We offer games such as Just Dance, Super Smash Bros Super, Mario Bros, MarioKart and many more.
- Storytime will take place the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month, February 5 and February19, from 10-11 a.m. Storytime will include interactive fun with stories, songs and other activities perfect for preschoolers and toddlers.
- Music and Movement will take place the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month, February 12 and February 26, from 10-11 a.m.
- Anime Club takes place on the 2nd and 4th Mondays of the month at 4 p.m. The program will explore all things anime, and is designed for teens and tweens, but all are welcome.
- Girl Scouts. If you have a girl that needs inspiration and to build important skills then have her become a girl scouts member. Girls will meet the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of every month at 4:30 pm.
- Teen Time takes place the first four Thursdays of every month from 4-5 p.m. Enjoy creating new projects with a variety of materials. In September we're having fun with Nintendo Switch.
- Homework Help will take place on Mondays -Thursdays from 3-5 p.m. Our resource center will offer assistance with assignments and test prep for students grade K-5.
- Courageous Kids takes place every Thursday from 4-5 p.m. Courageous Kids will meet to explore a new topic related to healthy relationships such as friendship trust and being caring.
If you have any questions about any of our programming, please contact us at 352-334-0720, or come see us during our open hours!
- Monday: 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Tuesday: 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Wednesday: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Thursday: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Friday: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Sunday: Closed