The Emergency Broadband Benefit Program provides a temporary discount on monthly internet bills for qualifying low-income households. The application opens Wednesday, May 12. You may apply directly through your internet provider or at GetEmergencyBroadband.org.
Eligble households can receive:
- Up to a $50/month discount on your internet service and equipment rentals
- Up to a $75/month discount if your household is on qualifying Tribal lands
- A one-time discount of up to $100 for a laptop, tablet, or desktop computer (with a co-payment of more than $10 but less than $50).
Your household qualifies if any member of the household:
- Participates in SNAP, Medicaid, Supplemental Security Income, Federal Public Housing Assistance, or Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit
- Participates in one of several Tribal specific programs
- Experienced a substantial loss of income since February 29, 2020
- Received a Federal Pell Grant for the current award year
- Participates in the free and reduced-price school lunch program
Visit Do I Qualify? for more information.
Help is available 7 days a week from 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. at (833) 511-0311 or via email at EBBHelp@usac.org.