Expansion at the Tower Road Branch is taking the next step. March 10 will be the last day to visit the original building which will close on March 11 for expansion. The branch will be relocated on the current property but housed in a temporary modular unit on the back parking lot. The branch will be closed March 11-17 to enable this move and item holds will be suspended starting Friday, March 3.
Any items returned to our Tower Road location during this time may be delayed in getting checked in.
Starting March 18, Tower Road branch will have new hours:
- Monday - Thursday 10:00 am — 7:00 pm
- Friday - Saturday 10:00 am — 5:00 pm
- Sunday 1:00 pm — 5:00 pm
The portable building in the back of the parking lot (nicknamed “the pod”) will be the temporary home.
Services will continue:
- a smaller browsable collection will feature all genres and formats
- computers for patron use will be available
- free wifi will be available
- holds can be picked up
- staff will be available for your informational needs
Most programming will be on an extended hiatus. Check our calendar online for any updates.
Renovation is expected to be completed in early 2018. Planned improvements include:
- Adding 8,500 sq. ft. for a total size of 23,500 sq. ft.
- Larger meeting room featuring a kitchen area for more FOODIEspace programs
- More parking spaces
- Quiet reading room
- Three study rooms
- Enclosed teen space
- Expanded, innovative children’s space with outdoor discovery area
- Interactive S.T.E.A.M.-focused design
- Redesigned information and circulation desk
- And new carpets, fresh paint, and brand new furniture!