Add an Alachua County Library District library card - and possibly a grocery gift card - to your wallet in September.
All month, you can enter to win a $20 Publix gift card courtesy of the Rotary Club of Gainesville by:
- Signing up for your library card at one of our 12 locations.
- Taking a photo with our mega card, sharing it on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter, and tagging @alachualibrary.
Ten winners will be announced in October.
A library card gives you access to nearly 815,000 items, including more than 108,000 digital books, audiobooks, and magazines. You can also use your card to log into eSource databases anywhere, check out toys, and borrow a mobile hotspot.
Get your card now to start enjoying all the Library District's perks and materials, all totally free!
Already have a library card?
Download these ready-to-post social media graphics, tag @alachualibrary, and share during September to spread the word and support National Library Card Sign-Up Month!
Get A Library Card
Florida residents age 18 and older can register at any library location with photo identification and proof of residency.
To sign up for a card, please bring one of the following forms of identification:
- Any current photo ID with Florida address
- If the photo ID does not have the current Florida address, residency can be verified with:
- Voter's Registration Card
- Rent or utility receipt
- Personal checkbook with imprinted name and address
- Property tax notice
- Name and address on mail with canceled postage, including forwarded mail
- Telephone listing in a current telephone directory
To get a library card for a minor (ages 4-17), the parent or legal guardian must have their own photo ID plus a form of ID for the child, such as a:
- School report card
- School immunization record
- Health insurance card
- Social Security card
- Birth certificate