Alachua County Library District
|Board of Trustees||5/19/93|
|Board of Trustees||8/16/17|
The Alachua County Library District will provide residents of the State of Florida access to resources and a variety of materials for in-house use, checkout and through electronic means. The District will maintain control and accountability for these materials. Restrictions may apply to access some services and online content based on residency, licensing agreements or usage fees. ACLD will exercise sound fiscal management by making reasonable efforts to ensure the return of borrowed materials. These efforts include sending overdue notices, billing patrons for long overdue materials and restricting borrowing privileges until materials are returned or bills are paid.
Library cards are free to all Florida residents or property owners.
Standard Library Card:
- Required to borrow materials and also allows remote access to online resources.
- Digital content may be restricted to Alachua County residents only.
- Allows access to the internet while in the Library.
- Adults (18 and older) must provide picture identification and verification of Florida residence.
- Minors (4-17) must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian as the Responsible Party. The Responsible Party must present a picture identification and verification of Florida residence. The Responsible Party must provide proof they are parent/legal guardian of minor.
- Out-of-state residents who own property within the State of Florida are eligible for a free library card upon presentation of picture identification and verification of property ownership.
Library Card Renewal:
- Library cards are issued for two years. Renewal must be done in person. A photo I.D. and proof of mailing address (if it is not on photo I.D.) is required to renew.
- In order to renew a card, a patron’s account must be at a $0 balance.
- Minor does not have to be present for the Responsible Party to renew his/her card.
- ACLD does not charge daily overdue fines.
- Patrons will be charged the full replacement cost for lost or damaged items.
- Patrons who return items with missing or damaged parts will be charged a standard replacement cost for those parts when available, or the full replacement cost.
- Privileges are blocked when a patron has either five (5) or more overdue items or $50 or more in charges on their account.