Students of all ages and job seekers can find help they can use with Tutor.com. Through the site, personalized tutors are here to help you live from 3 p.m. to 10 p.m., 7 days a week in over 40 subject areas including math, science, social studies, AP classes, college entrance exams, and more—all free with your library card! Users can also submit drop-off reviews and utilize the self-study tools on the site 24 hours a day. Read some more ways Tutor.com can help you below and visit aclib.us/tutor.com today.
1. Free tutoring: Tutoring can help you master a subject that's troubling you or that you'd like to learn more about. Learners of all ages can get help with homework, test preparation, skills, and concepts through the daily tutoring available from 3 p.m.-10 p.m. on Tutor.com. Subjects include math, science, English, Spanish, social studies, ACT®/SAT®, GED®/HiSET®, Microsoft® Office, Advanced Placement® test preparation and college entrance exams, and writing. Tutors are available for both English and Spanish speakers.
2. Feedback served with less stress: Asking a teacher, a friend, or a mentor to proofread your work can be pretty nerve-racking. Before you show it to them, submit your writing to Tutor.com using their 24 hour drop-off review service! Professionals at Tutor.com can review essays, book reports, short stories, college or scholarship application essay, personal statements, résumés & cover letters, and even help you solve those tough math problems! They give you detailed feedback and guidance to help you write or problem solve your best.
3. Studying for the SAT/ACT: Those spring test dates and registration dates for the SAT and the ACT are coming up fast and taking practice tests are one of the best ways to study. Tutor.com has self-study modules with full-length practice tests, score reports, and videos and practice drills to help you get the score you need.
4. Practice, practice, practice: Practice is key to mastering a subject. Tutor.com offers practice quizzes for end-of-chapter tests, final exams, and standardized tests in over 100 areas of math, science, and social studies.
5. Avoiding those YouTube bunny trails: We've all been there: you've been watching algebra review videos on YouTube for hours, and after a few clicks, you're watching a geese lead a marching band parade wondering how you got there. While that can be fun, Tutor.com offers videos created by experts on topics in math and english that you can focus on and get better results, faster without ads. It's available 24/7 and even comes with practice worksheets and customizable flash cards.
6. Connecting with a Career Coach: Working one-to-one with professional job search coaches in a supportive and encouraging environment can help with job searches, online applications, writing resumes, preparing for interviews, and getting that dream job! There are even templates available, so you don't have to comb through those Google search results, ads, and downloads. Career Coaches are experienced in working with job seekers at all levels, so reach out!
For assistance with Tutor.com, or any of our other eSources, please call our Headquarters Branch at 352-334-3950.
The library offers a wide variety of eSources, all available for with your Alachua County Library Card. Through the Student Library Card initative, many students in Alachua County also have access to these resources. Don't have a library card with our district? Visit any of our locations to sign-up!