The Alachua County Library District is pleased to offer its cardholders access to Lynda.com's library of instructional videos. Normally, using Lynda.com, also called LinkedIn Learning, requires a paid subscription, but as an ACLD library cardholder you can access Lynda.com content from any computer for free with an Internet connection simply by entering your 14-digit ACLD library card barcode and 4-digit PIN*.
Lynda.com, which is owned by LinkedIn, is an online learning site that hosts a constantly growing library of more than 3,000 courses that include over 130,000 videos. Courses cover a variety of topics (including business, design, web development and multimedia skills) and software (Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite and open source applications) that can help you pursue personal and professional goals. These courses are delivered by expert instructors and feature searchable transcripts that make it easy to find quick answers to questions. They also feature Certificates of Completion that can be uploaded to a LinkedIn profile.
Course offerings include:
- Art, graphic design, and music classes teaching everything from 3D animation to engineering sound to the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, and more)
- Help with computer programs, including videos on how to use Microsoft Office
- Courses that can help you in your career—everything from public speaking to marketing to dealing with workplace issues
- Computer programming, IT management (Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X), and web design
- Photography and video, just to name a few.
*If you have changed your library card PIN/password to be something other than your 4-digit year of birth, your PIN for Lynda.com will match your new PIN/password.