Transparent Language offers 100+ languages, as well as English for 25+ native languages. Take your language learning to the next level with courses and exams that cover speaking, reading, writing, and listening. To get started with Transparent Language, click here. Select "Create New Account" in the top-right and enter your library card number. Fill out the form, including your e-mail address and password, which you will now use to login. If you have used either of our other RBDigital eSources, RBDigital Audiobooks or RBDigital Magazines, you should already have an account and can use it to access Transparent Language. For more information, see the user guide at the bottom of this blog. Here are some of the things you will find in this eSource:
- Over 100 Languages (and Growing!): From Afrikaans to Zulu, the number of languages available is constantly growing.
- Extensive English Collection: With English materials for speakers of over 25 languages, an intermediate-level immersion course, and more, we have tools for every stage of learning English.
- Alphabet Lessons: If you want to learn to read and write, you need to first know the alphabet. Get started on the right foot with our alphabet course.
- Flexible Learning Path: Follow our plan or blaze your own trail. We give you a starting point, but you choose what you’d like to learn.
- Speaking Practice: Transparent Language’s proprietary EveryVoice™ technology speech-enables classic learning activities like Multiple Choice and Pronunciation Practice, allowing you to compare your pronunciation to that of a native speaker.
- Typing Activities: Never typed in a foreign language? No problem! Beginners start with Easy Typing to input foreign characters. Intermediate learners can advance to type with the included fully-mapped native keyboard.
- Got Grammar?: We sure do, and more! An extensive collection of videos and written explanations covers hundreds of grammar topics, providing learners with a strong foundation to build upon.
- Enhanced Compatibility: Optimized for touchscreen use on Android™ tablets and iPads, Transparent Language Online works on virtually any Internet-connected device or computer.
- Other Great Resources: Language and culture blogs, Word of the Day, and interactive social communities help you expand upon the basic learning material by connecting you with others.