Congratulations, you're engaged! Now it's time to start planning your wedding. The average cost of a wedding is over $20,000. This makes it one of the most expensive life events. If you don't have $20,000 sitting around, don't throw in the towel just yet. There are many ways to save money and still have the wedding of your dreams.
Join us for Wedding Planning on a Budget, which will be held on Wednesday, January 24th at 6:00pm. Local event and wedding planner, Kristin Zupancic, will be at the Headquarters library in Meeting Room B to discuss ways to save money on your big day!
Meanwhile, check out these wedding budget tips, as well as titles from our collection on planning a wallet-friendly wedding!
Ways to Save Money on Your Wedding:
1. Go minimal with the flowers - keep it simple yet elegant
2. Make your own invitations - with a quality home printer and some time, you can make invitations on your own
3. Buy dresses off the rack - try to find dresses in store instead of ordering custom
4. Avoid guest list bloat - try inviting fewer people and making the event more intimate
5. Do the catering yourself - handle the food preparation yourself or ask for help from your family members who are good in the kitchen
Check out these titles from your closest library location: