The spirit of Halloween haunts the month of October at your local branch. On Halloween, several branches will host pre-trick or treat parties for goblins and ghouls.
Crafts and Activities
- Wednesday, Oct. 9 5 p.m., Tower Road Branch
Turn Victorian clip art into dimensional spooky and sassy paper witches with CreativeBug. All supplies necessary will be provided. This craft is appropriate for adults and teens.
- Thursday Oct. 10 11 a.m. Newberry Branch
Come join us for pumpkin painting as a safe and fun alternative to pumpkin carving for the little ones. Whether a scary smile or a giggly grin, the kids can decorate their pumpkin to their style.
- Tuesday, Oct. 15 4 p.m., Headquarters Branch
Sew a spooky pattern in this program for adults and teens.
- Wednesday Oct, 16 6 p.m., Headquarters Branch
Celebrate pumpkin season with this exploration of block printmaking. Participants will carve and print their own linoleum block or play with pre-cut stamps.
- Saturday, Oct. 19 1 p.m., Alachua Branch
This tutorial teaches children the basics of hand sewing, all while creating a fun Halloween softie. The project is so simple children can do it themselves, but we want parents, grandparents, or whoever the children would like to sew with to come join them.
- Monday, Oct. 21 3:30 p.m., Millhopper Branch
Join Raven Moondance for a preschool story time and songs centered around the theme: harvest time and Halloween.
- Tuesday, Oct. 22 4:30 p.m., Headquarters Branche
Use our perler beads to create a scary Halloween design in this program for teens.
- Tuesday, Oct. 29 2 p.m., Millhopper Branch
The zombies are coming! You're safe for now, 'locked' in a panic room, but you have to find the antidote to cure the zombies. Only then can you leave without the worry of being attacked by zombies.
- Tuesday, Oct. 29 3:30 p.m., Hawthorne Branch
Build a castle or whatever you can imagine with cardboard and simple tools. Then let your imagination fly using supplied markers and other decorations to transform it into a creepy delight.
- Wednesday, Oct. 30 3:30 p.m., Micanopy Branch
Children can make a mask for their Halloween costumes.
- Thursday, Oct. 31 3 p.m. Headquarters Branch
Join us as we turn our plush friends into works of art that you can hang up in your humble abode.
- Tuesday, Oct. 29 3 p.m., Alachua Branch
Teens are welcome for games, crafts, and fun in celebration of Halloween.
- Wednesday, Oct. 30 3:30 p.m., Tower Road Branch
Celebrate Halloween early with games, crafts, and face painting. Costumes are welcome!
- Wednesday, Oct. 30 4 p.m., Millhopper Branch
Celebrate Halloween Harry-Potter style.
- Thursday, Oct. 31 3-7 p.m., Alachua Branch
Come before trick-or-treating to compete in our Halloween costume contest - register your costume and have your picture taken for our contest. A winner for each age group (0-6, 7-12, teen, and adult) will be announced on our webpage on Friday, Nov. 1.
- Thursday, Oct. 31 3:30 p.m., Newberry Branch
We're planning crafts, trick-or-treating, and our first-ever costume contest with separate age categories. Whether silly or spooky, get your Halloween on here with us.
- Thursday, Oct. 31 4 p.m., Archer Branch
Join us for a fun and not-so-spooky Halloween party to kick off your evening's festivities. We'll have crafts, music, and non-food prizes to give away. Costumes encouraged.
- Thursday, Oct. 31 4 p.m., Waldo Branch
This program will feature spooky stories performed in American Sign Language and English, holiday-themed crafts and games. A hauntingly good time is guaranteed to one and all.
- Thursday, Oct. 31 5:30 p.m., Library Partnership Branch
A safe place to show off your costume, show us a trick, or get crafty. We'll make sure to give you a sweet treat as you begin your Halloween adventures for the evening.