The Spring Teen Art Show is a wonderful opportunity for teens to get their artwork displayed and judged by members of the community like local artists, curators from The Harn Museum of Art, and members of UF's College of the Arts. In years past, the Alachua County Library District has hosted a reception and award ceremony to showcase our local teen's exceptional works. However, due to social distancing we will have our third Teen Art Show that has been completely virtual.
Submissions will be open on March 20 through April 16. Teens ages 16-19 can participate. The Entry Form will be available here on the Teen Art Show page along with the Rules and Regulations. Along with the completed Entry Form each artist will need to email a picture/file of their work to Samantha Noll at email@example.com. Emails should include: first and last name of the artist and the title of each piece. Each artist can submit up to three pieces of artwork.
On April 24, all artwork will be displayed on the library's Teen Art Show page, along with all winning pieces. All artists will recieve a participation certificate that can be added to their portfolio. Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place with four Honorable Mentions, Best Logo, and three or four category winners. All decisions of the judges will be final.
All artists and artwork must follow these guidelines:
- Entrants must be between the ages of 16-19. Each entrant is limited to three (3) pieces of artwork.
- All artwork must be the original work of the entrant.
- Video entries should not run longer than five minutes and should contain captions for the hearing impaired.
- Any videos containing music that belongs to someone else may be muted when/if they are shared on the library’s website or other social media sites.
- All entries must be accompanied by a completed Entry Form (This Entry Form will serve as a liability waiver and as a release, allowing the Library to use and/or display the artist’s work). All artwork will be displayed on the library’s website www.aclib.us and on the library’s affiliated social media sites, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr or YouTube for the duration of the show and any extension thereof.
Please contact Samantha Noll at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Youth Services Department at 352-334-3941 with any questions or concerns.
Check out last year's winning pieces.