Calling all poets and storytellers!
The 2018 Creative Writing Contest is fast approaching. If you would like to submit your writing, please refer to the Rules and Regulations below!
- Entrants must be in 6th through 12th grade.
- All writing must be the original work of the entrant.
- Each entrant may submit (1) ficitonal, short story, 500 - 2500 words in length, and/or up to (3) poems, any form or style.
- Entrant's submission(s) will be grouped for judging into one of two grade ranges, 6th - 8th grades or 9th - 12th grades. Within each of the two grade ranges, 1st, 2nd and 3rd places will be awared for the top fictional short stories as well as for poems.
- Each entry must be clearly labeled with name and grade of entrant and title of work; typed in Times New Roman; 12 point font; and double spaced.
- Entries will be accepted beginning Monday, November 6th to Monday, January 8th, 2018, 5:00pm. Entries must be submitted electronically in PDF format to Angela Hassebroek at firstname.lastname@example.org. All entry forms may be submitted to the entrant's closest library branch.
- All entry forms must be signed by the writer and by the writer's parent/legal guardian. (This Entry Form will serve as a liability waiver and as a release allowing the Library District to use and/or display the writer's work in the library and on the website).
- Winners will be announced at a reception on Saturday, March 10th, 2018 in the Teen Space at the Headquarters Library, 401 East University Avenue, Gainesville, FL. (Decisions of the judges are final).
- Winners will be awarded by having their writings bound collectively by the Library District with copies located at each branch for patrons to read.
For more information, please don't hesitate to contact Angela at (352) 334-3941.
You can find a link to the Entry/Form at the bottom of this page.