Join us for a hands-on experience with marching drums. Covering basic drum cadences, traditional and match grip styles, "strapping up" with harnesses, marching, and even some "sticking," Jay Brown (drummer and band leader for Noteworthy LIVE Band) will be sharing his extensive drumline knowledge and experience. He currently leads and instructs the Autumn Drumline at UF's Center for Autism Related Disabilities. Jay will take you through a step-by-step approach to marching drums. So, if you've ever wanted to see how it’s done, or if you can do it, too, now is your chance to join us for drumline mini camp and find out! Times, dates and locations for this program include:
- Tower Road Branch, Meeting Room, June 11 at 2 p.m.
- Hawthorne Branch, Meeting Room, June 14 at 3 p.m.
- Cone Park Branch, Meeting Room, June 20 at 3 p.m.
- Library Partnership Branch, Large Meeting Room, June 21 at 11 a.m.
- Headquarters Branch, Meeting Room A, July 16 at 11 a.m.