HQ is All About Teens and Tweens in May!
Visit the library all month long for these events and loads more! It's your space, use it! Bring your friends!
- May the Fourth Be with You! From 1:30-6:30 on Thursday, May 4th, there will be Star Wars activities and events, including a screening of Rogue One. Email email@example.com for more details!
- Adulting School The first and second installments of our new summer series on basic life skills will take place on Monday, May 8th and Monday, May 22nd at 2pm. They will discuss resumé building and filling out job applications. Future programs will teach basic sewing and cooking. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details!
MAKERspace May! Come here to create!
- CREATEspace May 6th and the 20th we continue the 4-part CREATEspace event series. Participants will use a 3D printer, 3D modeling tools, coding programs, basic circuitry, tinkering and robotics. Please call 352-334-3940 to register for this exciting new program!
- Elsa’s Arts and Crafts At 10 am on May 19th join artist Elsa Chiu in this continuing series on creating artwork. This installment will be on painting flowers. All supplies provided Elsa's Arts and Crafts
- Mandalas for All Learn about the healing effects that drawing mandalas has on our physical, mental, and emotional bodies. On May 20th at 2 pm, Evelyn G. Rodriguez, a trained mandala facilitator, will be in Meeting Room B to show us how to make our own mandalas! Supplies will be provided.
- Hour of Code: Dragon Dash Ever been interested in learning coding basics? On May 31st at 3:30 pm, join us in Meeting Room B to design your own dragon and guide him through puzzles and adventures! Must sign up in advance, contact email@example.com for details.
Regularly Scheduled Programs
- Lunch Break Yoga! Every Monday in May at 12 pm in Meeting Room A.
- Teen Gaming Tuesday, May 2nd, 23rd, and 30th, we will have video games for Teens and Tweens in the Teen Space at 4:30. Games include Dance Dance Revolution, Wii Table Tennis, and Party Pigs Farmyard Games.
- UF Mobile Outreach Clinic From 10am - 4pm every Wednesday in May there will be a free mobile health clinic sponsored by the UF College of Medicine. Come by for free primary care consultations and treatment.
- Hogwart's Book Club On May 4th at 3:30, join us in the Children's Department for our monthly Harry Potter Book Club and Discussion Group!
- Amrit Yoga with Veda Every Thursday at 5:30pm, Veda does an hour of relaxing Amrit yoga in Meeting Room A.
- Coloring for Families Unleash your creativity together! Coloring supplies for children and adults will be provided at 6 pm every Thursday in May.
- Movies for Teens Every Friday at 4pm, we will show movies in the Teen Space!
- Graphic Novel, Comic, and Manga Monthly Discussion Group Come by the Teen Space on May 11th at 4pm and find out how the library can enable YOUR comic or trade paperback addiction. We know comics and we will go over new titles, what we're loving, and classics you may have missed. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details!
- Green Dot GNV Bystander Training Learn how to be an effective, proactive, and reactive bystander on May 23rd at 10 am. The training will consist of small group interaction and high energy activities in addition to a lecture component. This will be held in Meeting Room A.
- Chess Club Come to the Teen Space at 11 am on May 27th to learn the game or play with other Chess enthusiasts!