Please rate this page from “5” (satisfied) to “1” (not satisfied), and write your comments and suggestions.
Students of all ages and job seekers can find the help they need with Tutor.com. Tutor.com has a network of over 3,000 professional academic and career tutors who are ready to help with just about any question you may have. Log on from any internet-connected device at www.aclib.us/tutor.com. Tutors are available for one-on-one sessions from 3 pm to 10 pm every day. Tutor.com’s drop-off reviews and self-study tools are available 24/7.
- Academic Tutoring: Students in kindergarten through second-year college students as well as adult learners can get help with homework, test preparation, skills and concepts they are learning in class as well as Advanced Placement® test preparation and college entrance exams. Subjects include math, science, English, Spanish, social studies, ACT®/SAT®, GED®/HiSET®, Microsoft® Office and writing. Tutors are available for both English and Spanish speakers.
- Drop-Off Reviews: Students or adults working on essays, book reports, short stories, college/scholarship application essays, résumés & cover letters or tough math problems can drop-off their document or problem for an overnight review to receive detailed guidance and explanations.
- SAT/ACT Essentials from The Princeton Review: Use The Princeton Review’s self-study modules to help prepare for the SAT or ACT. SAT/ACT Essentials includes full-length practice tests, a diagnostic score report, supporting video lessons and practice drills and college application advice.
- Practice Quizzes: Students preparing for an end-of-chapter test, a final exam or standardized test can use Tutor.com’s Practice Quizzes to assess their knowledge on over 100 areas in math, science and social studies.
- Study Resources: The Tutor.com Skills Center Resource Library provides 24/7 access to thousands of educationally sound resources. Students can watch instructional videos, download practice worksheets, customize their own flashcards for studying and get test taking tips and much more. Job seekers have access to résumé templates, job search websites and career advice.
- Job Search Assistance: Work one-to-one with professional job search coaches in a supportive and encouraging environment for help with job searching, online applications, resume writing, interview preparation and much more.
Feedback on this page
eSources: quality content
Explore and stay informed on local and national topics, people and events. America's News by Newsbank is the world's premier provider of newspaper and other online news sources. It features a wide variety of credible, vetted news sources spanning the U.S.
Search current and archived news stories from local titles such as The Gainesville Sun, Chiefland Citizen, and Ocala Star Banner. Major metro titles include The Miami Herald, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, and USA Today. A collection of America's news magazines is also available.
Biography In Context is a research resource of more than 650,000 biographical entries covering international figures from all time periods and areas of study. It offers reference content for more than 400,000 figures, as well as magazine and journal articles, primary sources, videos, audio podcasts, and a vast array of images. It is continuously updated to ensure that researchers have access to the very latest information. Biography In Context offers images on the homepage with "hot spots" that when scrolled-over show additional content and details associated with that image.
Biography In Context allows you to take on your research with the support of the most highly respected sources including millions of full-text articles drawn from hundreds of periodical and newspapers including The New York Times, USA Today, Daily Mail (London), and Globe and Mail (Canada).
Issues & Controversies aims to provide the most accurate, accessible, and authoritative content available and present arguments on both sides of every issue in a clear, balanced, and unbiased manner. To ensure objective coverage and a wide range of competing viewpoints, the editors ofIssues & Controversies rely on hundreds of leading print and electronic news sources from the United States and around the world. Foremost among these are prominent newspapers, wire services, and television, radio, and web-based outlets; respected newsmagazines, opinion journals, and scholarly publications; reports, surveys, and data from top think tanks, research institutes, and advocacy groups; and publications and websites of major government agencies and global organizations. Many of these sources are cited below in five different categories: News Organizations; Magazines and Journals; Groups and Institutes; Government Agencies; and Editorials.
Issues & Controversies also provides resources for students and educators such as sections on citations, writing research papers, and analyzing sources for accuracy. Teachers can access student speeches and interviews and download lesson plans on particular points of interest. There is a section on high school debate topics as well, to help coaches and students prepare for tournaments.
Learning Express features nearly 1,000 online tutorials, practice tests, and eBooks to help patrons of all ages. It offers job search and workplace skills improvement, skill building in reading, writing, math, and basic science, career certification and licensure exam prep, college and grad school entrance test prep, GED® test prep, and more.
- Adult Learning Center - This center offers busy adults the resources to improve their basic skills in reading, writing, and math, and prepare for the U.S. citizenship exam.
- Career Center - Are you preparing for a professional exam? Are you curious about a particular occupation or looking to improve your workplace skills? Choose the Career Center and begin your path to a bright future.
- School Center - The resources here can help students in elementary, middle, and high school prepare for important tests, get extra help with assignments, and boost their skills in important subjects.
- College Prep Center - Getting into college is an important step to building a strong future. First, you must do well on your college admission tests and write a personal essay that highlights your special talents. Use this center to get the resources you need to achieve your college preparation goals.
- High School Equivalency - Earning a high school equivalency credential can open the door to better income, a more fulfilling job, and a college education. If you are preparing for the GED® test, HiSET® or TASC exams, our practice tests, interactive tutorials, and eBooks will help you reach your goal.
- Job & Career Accelerator - Whether you’re looking to find a new job in your current field or pursue a career in an exciting new industry, Job & Career Accelerator™ has the powerful tools and expert guidance to help you through every step of the process.
MasterFILE Premier contains full text for general reference magazines and publications covering a wide-range of subject areas including business, health, education, general science and multicultural issues.
This resource also includes articles and reviews from Consumer Reports.
- Full text for nearly 1,700 periodicals
- Full text for more than 500 reference books
- Over 105,000 primary source documents
- Image collection of over 400,000 photos, maps and flags
NoveList K-8 Plus is all about books aimed at children and teens in Kindergarten through 8th grade.
Navigate back and forth between NoveList K-8 Plus and our library’s catalog to:
- Find great suggestions for new books to read through appeal factors, genres, and curated reading lists.
- Find read-alike suggestions for books and authors you already love.
- Find important information about your books such as Minimum and Maximum Grade Level, Lexile Scores, and AR Information.
Learn a new language using a self-paces, online language learning system. Transparent Language offers courses in over 100 languages. Also offered are courses to learn English for 25+ native languages. Take your language learning to the next level with courses covering reading, writing, speaking and listening in the language you wish to learn. New users can simply select the "Sign Up" tab to create an account and get started. Users who previously signed up for an account under RBDigital will need to reset their password before gaining access.
Transparent Language also includes KidsSpeak, a fun, easy to use language learning program for young learners. Designed for elementary ages children 6 and up, KidsSpeak offers courses in Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish.