We really like making videos! Whether they're for you guys or for social media, we think it's fun to stretch our creative wings with videos. We thought we'd share 5 tips we've developed for making creative videos.
If you'd like to learn how to make videos from real professionals, then be sure to check out the library eSource, Lynda! Lynda has lessons in all sorts of technical and creative fields, including photography, cinematography, and video editing. There's also O'Reilly, a great resource for books and videos about technical and business fields, including Aerial Photography and Videography Using Drones, by Eric Cheng.
If your creative juices are still tingling, check out Creativebug; with creative tutorials for everything from dressmaking to birthday cards and more, Creativebug may help you find a craft to share in your videos, or a new way to make props to enhance your TikTok #POVs.
And, of course, there are always books and movies for all of your interests available through our catalog and at all 12 branches of the Alachua County Library District. Here are some great books we think you'll enjoy:
- The Off-Camera Flash Handbook: 32 Scenarios for Creating Beautiful Light and Stunning Photographs, by Vanessa Joy
- If You're Bored With Your Camera, Read This Book by Demetrius Fordham
- The Bare Bones Camera Course for Film and Video by Tom Schroeppel
- A History of Photography in 50 Cameras by Michael Pritchard
- How Do I Do That in Photoshop? The Quickest Ways to Do the Things you Want to Do, Right Now! by Scott Kelby
- iPhone Photography by Mark Hemmings
*An Audio Descriptive video will be available on April 9th.*