- QUICK LINKS
- MY ACCOUNT
ACLD Policy Statement: Meeting Room/Outdoor Spaces Use Policy
Approved by: Board of Trustees 10/17/90; 03/16/94; 12/17/08
Governing Board 10/25/90; 06/23/94; 01/08/09
The Alachua County Library District's meeting rooms, gardens, courtyards, parking lots and other
outdoor spaces are primarily for the use of the Library District. When not required for District use,
they may be made available, free of charge, to individuals or community groups whose purposes
are civic, cultural, educational, or recreational in nature. Final authority for the use of the Library
District’s various meeting rooms/outdoor spaces rests with the Library Director or designee. The
Library District welcomes opportunities to make accommodations for people with disabilities.
1. All meetings must be open to the public and no attendance or entry fee may be charged.
Meetings for the exclusive purpose of fund raising are prohibited. However, non-profit
organizations shall not be prohibited from collection of ordinary annual dues or the selling of
such miscellaneous items as the organization's calendars, datebooks, etc., provided that such
activity is incidental to the purpose of the meeting. Commercial sales and promotions of
businesses are prohibited. If a catered meal is included in the meeting activity, a charge may
be made to recover expenses, as long as it relates only to the meal and not to attendance.
2. Refreshments are permitted. Alcoholic beverages may not be served, nor is smoking
permitted anywhere in library buildings.
3. Attendance must not exceed that limit established for each meeting room by the Library
District and the Fire Marshall.
4. Headquarters and Branch meeting rooms may be used during the operating hours of the
5. Use of the meeting rooms/outdoor spaces is by reservation only and may only be made for
one event per month. At all libraries, reservations can be made for up to two months following
the current month. Unscheduled rooms may be used by the public on a first-come/first-served
basis, as long as the use conforms to this policy.
6. Use of the library meeting rooms/outdoor spaces does not imply Library District endorsement,
and no promotional materials should state or imply Library District endorsement or
sponsorship of the event or the organization. The library should only be listed as the location
of the meeting. Groups may not use the Library District’s name or address as their own or
store their property at the library between meetings.
7. The applicant or representative of the group reserving the meeting room/outdoor spaces must
complete the proper form assuming responsibility for any damage done to library facilities or
equipment prior to the scheduled meeting.
8. The Library District will only provide equipment that is already installed in meeting rooms or
outdoor spaces and/or sound equipment and lecterns as applicable to individual rooms. The
applicant assumes responsibility for proper use of equipment.