Join us for outdoor stories and songs with library staff at Story Time on the Green four days a week across Alachua County, resuming January 11, 2022.
Librarians and library staff will read tales and lead activities perfect for infants through 5-year-olds at library green spaces and parks. Join in songs, fingerplays, and story boards to spark your child's imagination and communication and reading skills.
Parents and families can bring blankets and chairs to spread out. Story Time on the Green will be held at 10:30 a.m., weather permitting (at least 50°), as follows:
- Headquarters Library (Courtyard), 401 E. University Ave., Gainesville
- Hawthorne Athletic Park, 6000 SE 205 St., Hawthorne, with the Hawthorne Branch team
- Wilson Robinson Park, 13975 SW 174th St., Archer, with the Archer Branch team
- High Springs Farmers Market, 23517 NW 185th Road, High Springs, with the High Springs Branch team
- Veterans Memorial Park playground area, 7400 SW 41st Place, Gainesville, with the Tower Road Branch team
- Smokey Bear Park, 2300 NE 15th St., Gainesville, with the Library Partnership Branch team
- Waldo Branch, 15150 NE US Highway 301, Waldo
- Legacy Park Multipurpose Center playground, 15400 Peggy Rd., Alachua, with the Alachua Branch team
- Park by the fire station, corner of NE Cholokka Boulevard and NE Seventh Ave., Micanopy, with the Micanopy Branch team