All library locations have computers with Internet access available for public use. Computers have software programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Most computers require a library card for access. Don't have a library card? Find out how to get one.
Some locations offer:
- Guest passes for internet computers
- PC workstations designed for children
- eGovernment PCs used to apply for unemployment or other government assistance
Contact your preferred library for information about availability.
Wireless Internet Access (WiFi)
All library locations offer free wireless access (WiFi) in public areas during library operating hours.
Connecting to the Library's Wireless Network
- Using your device's network utilities, look for the wireless network named "Library_Hotspot"
- The "Library_Hotspot" network does not require a password to connect
Alachua County residents can check out mobile hotspots with a valid library card.
There is a printing/copying fee of 10¢ per page for black and white and $1 per page for color (where available).
Library computers send print jobs to Printing Stations for pick-up. Print jobs are only available until the end of the day.
Please note that Printing Stations and copiers only accept silver change and $1 or $5 bills.
Credit cards and larger denomination bills are not accepted. Library staff are unable to provide change or break larger bills.
- Wireless Printing
Wireless printing is available from any internet connected device through our ePRINTit page. Submit documents and pick up at any library location.
- Mobile Apps
The Public Print Locations apps by ePRINTit for iOS and Android devices enable users to search for and print to all public printing locations from wherever they may be. This includes all Alachua County Library District locations.
Available on the App Store
Get it on Google Play
To protect your privacy and personal information while using library computers:
- Be sure to log out of any websites and close your web browser when finished
- End your session when finished (do not shut off the computer workstation)
Ask library staff for assistance if needed.