The library offers free access to a vast wealth of online resources to help you find information. Many of these research tools contain searchable collections of full text articles from reference books, newspapers, journals, and magazines. Some research tools deliver more unique content, like company profiles, census records, and downloadable audio books. We also have physical research tools, such as our reference and microform collections.
- Access Consumer Reports
- Access MasterFILE Premier
- Select "Publications" from the top menu
- Enter "Consumer Reports" in the Periodicals search box, then select "Browse"
- Select "Consumer Reports" from the search results
- You may either "Search within this publication" or use the "All Issues and Articles" menu on the right to find a specific issue of this periodical
These materials are located at the Headquarters Library and are for in-library use only. If you require use of these materials at another location, please speak to staff at your preferred library so they can request to borrow the item.
- General Reference
- Contains general knowledge titles
- Dictionaries, thesauruses, encyclopedias
- Coin and stamp guides
- Religious texts
- Guides to grants & scholarships
- Field guides
- Florida Reference
- Contains materials related to the State of Florida
- Historical and current titles
- Local history materials including city directories
- Legal texts, such as State Statutes
- Genealogy Reference
- Family Histories
- Alachua County Records
- Records for other Florida Counties
- City Directories
- Passenger Lists
- Military Records
- Automobile Reference
- Auto repair manuals for domestic and foreign car makes
Questions? We can help!
Need assistance outside of library hours? Ask-A-Librarian provides Florida residents with virtual reference services through live chat and text messaging from 10 a.m. to midnight Sunday through Thursday, and from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
Please keep in mind that Ask-A-Librarian is a state-wide service and the librarians may not work for the Alachua County Library District.