Fun & Games
- Cartoon Network - Premier game site for the younger crowd.
- Funbrain - Games, videos, and books that are flat-out fun.
- Miniclip - Play free online games of all sorts.
- Nickelodeon - Like to watch Nick? Here's where to click!
- PBS Kids - Games and videos from PBS
- Y8 - Y8.com has free Flash games you can play now!
- ABCmouse - Great educational games for ages 3-7! For in-library use only.
- Starfall - A learn-to-read site for ages preschool through second grade
Summer is here! And the best way to beat the heat is to read some cool ocean-themed stories and imagine your adventures in the chilled, foamy waves. We’ve gathered a few oceanic recommendations to launch you into a great summertime reading habit. Whether it’s a fun adventure or a wholesome ending, your library has the best book to read with your family this summer.
Born under the sea to a family of narwhals, a little unicorn begins questioning his differences when an extra-strong current sweeps him to the ocean's surface, where he discovers other creatures like himself. Told with heartwarming illustrations and spare, sweet text.
Jabari is definitely ready to jump off the diving board. He's finished his swimming lessons and passed his swim test, and he's a great jumper, so he's not scared at all. In a sweetly appealing tale of overcoming your fears, newcomer Gaia Cornwall captures a moment between a patient and encouraging father and a determined little boy you can't help but root for.
Die-cut pages explore the depths of a coral sea and the many creatures that live there, from graceful seahorses to the enormous humpback whale, which fills the sea with eerie song. It's the perfect light nonfiction book for young readers curious about the world around them.