The Library’s Literacy Program serves adults in our community who are interested in:
- Improving basic reading skills
- Learning English (for non-native speakers)
- Improving literacy skills in Spanish (in preparation for entering a traditional English learning program)
How to get started:
If you know an adult who struggles with basic literacy or who wants to learn English, ask him or her to contact the Literacy Program:
Literacy Coordinator, Theresa Sterling, (352) 334-3929 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Basic Spanish is spoken at this extension and all messages are private.
Literacy Specialist, Jeremy Merritt, (352) 334-3920 or email@example.com.
How it works:
- The program is completely confidential
- All materials and services are free
- Services are offered at most library branches
- Flexible schedules accommodate both learners and tutors
How to sign up for help:
Call the Literacy Coordinator at (352) 334-3929 to learn more about the program and to schedule an intake meeting.
Image used courtesy of San José Library