ALACHUA COUNTY LIBRARY DISTRICT
|Board of Trustees||8/21/02|
The Library District plays an active role in the community by making connections and developing relationships with local civic, cultural and educational organizations, both public and private. To this end, the Library District staff attends and/or participates in the activities of certain community organizations that may require membership fees. On June 13, 2002 the Library District Governing Board declared payment of memberships in local Alachua County community and civic organizations as a public purpose.
- The Library Director will make the final decision on which organizations the Library District joins and, if appropriate, designate a staff representative to the organization.
- The organization will promote and support the mission of the Alachua County Library District as defined in the Library Mission Statement and Service Responses.
- The organization will have a not-for-profit and nonpartisan mission that will benefit from consistent contact with Library District resources and services.
- The organization will provide opportunities to broaden exposure of Library District services and resources to the community at large and to target populations, particularly nonusers.
- The organization will certify compliance with the Public Records provisions of Section 119.012 Florida Statues.
- If an organization the Library has joined takes a stance on a political issue, the Library District will not participate in any such political action, but will restrict itself to support for the organization's general mission. A Library District representative will limit his/her support to the general mission of the organization and may not participate in any political action or support positions that would conflict with Library District policies or mission. Library District representatives are free to express their personal opinions if it is clear those opinions are their own and not representative of the Library District.