While we are currently off the road due to library closures, you can still learn a few facts about our Bookmobiles!
- The Bookmobiles go to 27 different locations throughout Alachua County — plus various Special Events!
- We’re a full-service library! We can help you with all general library services, with the exception of taking payments.
- Unlike our stationary locations, all items checked out from the Bookmobile are due in 4 weeks — even DVDs and Music CDs!
- You can request the Bookmobiles for your event through the Library website (once we're back to providing regular services).
- Each Bookmobile houses between 1500-2000 items on the shelves, not including requested materials for patrons.
- If we don't have a title that you want to check out, you can request that the item be brought to your stop.
- The Bookmobile’s farthest stop is in Evinston — with La Crosse being the next farthest by half a mile!
- The Bookmobile staff are also the drivers! We take turns driving to and from our stops.
- The Bookmobiles go to schools, apartment complexes, parking lots, retirement communities, and various other locations.
- The Bookmobiles participate in the year-round Vehicle Days at Alachua County Schools.
Check the Bookmobile Stop Schedule to see which stop is most convenient for you and visit us when we're back on the road!