Alachua County Library District Policy Statement
|Board of Trustees
The Alachua County Library District provides free public programming for all ages. District programming introduces and promotes use of the Library by the community, provides recreational, informational and educational experiences for all ages, and promotes literacy and life-long learning. In keeping with the Standards for Florida Public Libraries, ACLD programming includes, but is not limited to:
- Storytimes and special interest programs for children from birth to age eighteen, outreach to schools and daycare centers, and programs for parents, teachers and caregivers.
- Informational, cultural and recreational programs of interest to adults of all ages and backgrounds, forums on community concerns, access to technology and instruction, book discussions, etc.
- Class tours, library instruction and literacy programs.
- Programs are developed and/or presented by staff and/or volunteers or in co-sponsorship with community groups and organizations.
- Programs are presented in library facilities and at various community locations.
- Library programs are open and accessible to all.
- Library sponsorship of a program does not constitute an endorsement of the content of the program or the views expressed by the participants.