There are many great love stories on our shelves, but our favorite love story of all is our love for our amazing patrons! Share the love this season with crafts and community events to connect with the special people in your life.
Bring the warm and fuzzies (and box of tissues) home with you with our extensive romance novel collection. Be sure to check out books such as: The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks, Call Me By Your Name by André Aciman and Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell. Or, borrow movies such as The Big Sick, Roman Holiday and Titanic.
For kids and teens
- Wednesday, Feb. 5, 2020, 3 p.m., Tower Road Branch, ages 5-11
Create a special Valentine’s Day craft for your loved one. Supplies will be provided.
- Wednesday, Feb. 12, 2 p.m., Headquarters Branch , ages 3-11
Don’t worry about buying a card for your loved ones, make your own Valentine’s cards with us!
- Wednesday, Feb.12, 3 p.m., Newberry Branch, ages 3-11
We love our Palentines, too! Bring a friend (human or of the stuffed variety) to make friendship crafts and read picture books.
- Wednesday, Feb. 12, 4 p.m., Millhopper Branch, ages 12-18
Friendship bracelets are a great way to show your love on your sleeve – literally. Come make these colorful tokens of friendship with us.
- Thursday, Feb. 13, 4 p.m., High Springs Branch, ages 12-18
We have sweet treats to make and eat. These treats are vegan, lactose and gluten free.
- Wednesday, Feb. 5, 5:30 p.m., Headquarters Branch, ages 19 and up
Write your own loving message with customized yarn-wrapped wire words. We will use a Creativebug video tutorial and then create our own messages. Supplies provided.
- Wednesday, Feb. 12, 2 p.m., Headquarters Branch, ages 19 and up
Decorate your own wine glass or coffee mug for a loved one or yourself (self-love is important, too!).
- Tuesday, Feb.11, 2 p.m.,Headquarters Branch, all ages
Join us to make Valentine’s Day greeting cards for all the sweethearts in your life.
- Thursday, Feb. 13, 3 p.m., Headquarters Branch, all ages
Make Valentine’s Day cards for all of the special people in your life.
- Friday, Feb. 14, 3 p.m., Newberry Branch, all ages
Bring a friend or meet new friends at our all-ages, all-abilities dance party. We’ll move through famous dances throughout the decades. Wear your best pink, white and red.